วันอาทิตย์ที่ 13 มิถุนายน พ.ศ. 2553

"Turtamu the Green Turtle and Colonel Gracia" Layout-Design and Animatic


"The Experiment on Background and Characters"


"Concept"

My whole concept about these term works is Layout Design and The animatic. I'm working on a story, in the first year in 2D animation class, which is created by me and Boss called " Turtamu the Green Turtle and Colonel Gracia". I'm using the same storyboard, but I will be more focusing on the drawing technique, the medium of color, and the most important thing is to combine hand-painting scenes and using computer programs to develop the scene. Further more I will pay attention on the "Empty Space" to give places for characters to act and to save time. I think it takes too much time to create one animation. If I could have my own animation in my portfolio, would be nice because it might give me some benefits for a future career.

"Drawing and Painting Styles"

I'm really interesting in Alison Snowden's style. She animated a cartoon called
"Second Class Mail" in the bottom of the page. I wish I could be able to create this
type of animation. Her cartoon was drawn so little and painted roughly, but it's very
effective. I like her style that she leaves the concept of "Animation is so much work
to do" behind, and acts oppositely from the concept to prove that she has got her
own animated style.

"Experiment Processes"
I did some experiment on BG medium and BG drawing. At first, I decided to use watercolor for the whole BG, but I found out that after the paper absorb the water, it is so curvy. When I scan it, there are too many dark spots in the BG, so I paint some outline onto the paper scan it and use photoshop to get rid of the dark spot. Then I painted again in photoshop. I drag the outline into photoshop and decrease the opacity to detail the painting with the watercolor effect.

Then I drew and painted the turtle, Turtamu by using photoshop again. However, the turtle will not be colored by watercolor, so I paint him roughly in photoshop. I also leave white space around the turtle to grasp audience attention on the character, but this character I left too much white space on it, and the edge of white space is too sharp.




The next character that I put into the painting is Colonel Gracia. This time, I pay more attention on white aura, and I get the exactly color that I want. Moreover, to have the same drawing style as Alison Snowden, I didn't draw the line neatly.








The character designs will be posted on this blog soon in the next few days to catch up my work with the class.

"Second Class Mail"
Filmed by: Alison Snowden



ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น